- Review of thermodynamics, thermodynamic potentials, thermodynamic equilibrium and stability
- Gibbs distribution: Ensembles, classical and quantum free particles, systems with continuous and discrete spectrum, degenerate Fermi systems, Bose-Einstein condensation.
- Interacting system: Cluster an Virial expansions, radial distribution function.
- Introduction to response, fluctuation and noise, Einstein formula.
- Phase transition: phenomenology of first order and continuous phase transitions, order parameters, 1D Ising model, Iniversality and scaling, Ginzburg-Wilson theory, Spontaneous symmetry breaking.
- Fundamentals of statical mechanics: phase space, Liouville theorem, statistical distribution theorem.
- Probability theory: Probability densities, cumulants and correlations, central limit theorem, laws of large numbers.
- Brownian motion, Langevin equation, Markov process and Fokker Planck equation.
- Kerson Huang - Introduction to statical mechanics
- Reif - Statistical physics
- M. Kardar- Statistical physics of particles
- H.E Stanley - Introduction to phase transitions and critical phenomena