- Electrostatics in vacuum, force, field, potentials and enegry.(4 hrs)
- Electrostatic boundary conditions and conductors. (2 hrs)
- Solution of Laplace's equation in one, two and three dimensions, uniqueness theorem, methods of images, separation of variables, multipole expansion.(12 hrs)
- Dielectrics(4 hrs)
- Current distributions, magnetic fields and magnetostatic boundary conditions(4 hrs)
- Motion of charges in E & B fields, energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields(8 hrs)
- Maxwell's equations, EM waves and their propagation in free space and in media(12 hrs)
- Potential formulation, Coulomb and Lorentz gauge, radiation from an accelerated charge, dipole radiation (10 hrs)
- David Griffith, "Introduction to electrodynamic"
- Reitz, Milford, Christy, "Foundation of electromagnetic theory"
- J.D.Jackson, "Classical Electrodynamics"
- M.H Nayfeh, M.K Brussel, "Electricity and magnetism"