- Two-body Central force problem (reduced mass), planet orbits,Virial theorem.
- Collisions and scattering, CM and lab frames, scattering cross section.
- Motion in non-inertial frames, Coriolis force.
- principle of virtual work, constraints, D Alemberts principle.
- Generalized coordinates, velocities and momenta, Lagranges formulation.
- principle of list action, fomulation by Maupertuls, Euler, Hamilton, Liouvilles theorem.
- Hamilton's equations, poisson brackets.
- Canonical transformation, Hamilton-Jacobi equation, Generating functions, Symetries and conservation laws.
- Small oscillations, Normal modes.
- Rigid body dynamics, Euler angles, Euler equations (should solve up to rotation of a top) .
- H.Goldstein-Classical mechanics
- Morion and Thorton- Introduction to classical mechanics.
- Landau & lifshitz-Mechanics
- John R Taylor- classical mechanics