P302 (Statistical Mechanics)
42 Lectures + 14 Tutorials
Outcome of the Course
This course provides the basic background of non-equilibrium statistical mechanics and out of equilibrium dynamics.
- Kinetic theory of gases, Bolzmann distribution and its implications.
- Bolzmann equation, H Theorem, Conservations laws and Hydrodynamics
- Linear response, fluctuation dissipation theorem,Green-Kubo formula
- Markov Processes: Conditional probabilities, Markov processes, Chapman-Kolmogorov equation, Master equation, Fokker Planck equation, Random walk processes,Ising Glauber Model
- Stochastic differential equations: Langevin equation, stochastic integration, Ito calculus, Stratonvich integrals
- Diffusion equations, first passage problems, driven diffusive systems
- Applications: Aggregation,Fragmentation,Phase ordering Kinetic,Exclusion processes
- Stochastic Methods by C. Gardiner
- A Kinetic View of Statistical Physics by P. L. Kaprivsky, S. Redner and E. Ben Naim
- Statistical Physics 2- Nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics by R. Kubo, M. Toda and N. Hashitsume
- Stochastic Processes in Physics and Chemistry by N. G. Van Kampen.
- Theory and Applications of Stochastic Processes by Z. Schuss
- A Guide to First Passage Processes by S. Redner