P303 (Quantum Mechanics II)
42 Lectures + 14 Tutorials
Outcome of the Course
This course teaches the students advanced concepts and methods in applied nuclear physics, with the aim to build their background for future research work in this area.
- Basis of nuclear structure andreactions
- Radioactivity and radioactivedecays: Detecting nuclear radiations, Alpha decay, beta decay, gamma decay
- Passage of charged particle throughmatter.
- Detectors andaccelerators.
- Applications: Effects of radiation on biological systems and Nuclear medicine, Industrial Applications
- Power from Fission and Fusion: Characteristics of Fission, Nuclear Reactors, Thermonuclearfusion
- Nuclear Physics: Principles andApplications,John Lilley, Wiley Publications
- TheAtomicNucleus,Robley D. Evans, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing.
- Fundamentals of Nuclear Reactor Physics, Elmer Lewis, Elsevier Publishing.
- An Introduction to the Passage of Energetic Particlesthrough Matter, N.J.Carron, CRC Press
- Accelerator Physics, S. Y. Lee, World Scientific