BSc.(Phys(H)) Delhi University
MSc(Physics) IIT Delhi
PhD Tata Institute of Fundamental Research(Mumbai)
Laboratoire de Physique Theorique et Modeles Statistiques, Universite Paris-Sud,Paris, France
Institute for Scientific Interchange, Torino,Italy
Brandeis University, Boston, USA
Statistical mechanics and interdisciplinary applications
List of Publications:
21. Emergence of a bicritical end point in the random crystal field Blume-Capel model,https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.06454
20. Conformal Bootstrap Signatures of the Tricritical Ising Universality Class, https://arxiv.org/abs/1811.11442
19. Effect of ring topology in a stochastic model for Z-ring dynamics in bacteria, arXiv:1810.03371
18. Absence of first order transition in random crystal field Blume-Capel model on a fully connected graph, Sumedha and Nabin K Jana, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 50 015003 (2017).
17. Effect of random field disorder on the first order transition in p-spin interaction model, Sumedha and Sushant K singh, Physica A, 276(2016).
16. Exact satisfiability threshold for k-satisfiability problems on a Bethe lattice, Supriya Krishnamurthy and Sumedha, Phys. Rev. E ,92, 042144(2015)
15. Some results for k-sat on trees, Sumedha and Supriya Krishnamurthy, J. Phys. Conf. Series(2015).
14. Balanced k-satisfiability and biased random k-satisfiability on trees, Sumedha, Supriya Krishnamurthy and Sharmistha Sahoo, Phys. Rev. E, 87, 042130(2013).
13. On the behaviour of random k-SAT on trees, Supriya Krishnamurthy and Sumedha, J. Stat. Mech. P05009 (2012)
12. Prolonging assembly through dissocaition : A self assembly paradigm in microtubules,Sumedha, Michael F Hagan and Bulbul Chakraborty, Phys. Rev. E , 83, 051904 (2011)
11. A thermodynamic model for agglomeration of DNA-looping proteins, Sumedha and Martin Weigt, J. Stat. Mech. P11005(2008).
10. Unsupervised and semi-supervised clustering by message passing:Soft-constraint affinity propagation, Michele Leone, Sumedha, and Martin Weigt, European Physics Journal B,vol. 66, 125(2008).
9. Clustering by soft-constraint affinity propagation:Applications to gene-expression data, Michele Leone, Sumedha and Martin Weigt, Bioinformatics vol. 23, 2708 (2007).
8. New structural variation in evolutionary searches of RNA neutral networks, Sumedha, Olivier C Martin and Andreas Wagner,Biosystems, vol. 90, 475-485 (2007).
7. Population size effects in evolutionary dynamics on neutral networks and toy landscapes, Sumedha, Olivier C Martin and Luca Peliti, J. Stat. Mech. P05011(2007).
6. Quenched averages for self-avoiding walks and polygons on a deterministic fractal, Sumedha and Deepak Dhar, J. Stat. Phys., Vol. 125, 55-76(2006).
5. Rooted Spiral Lattice Trees on Hyper-cubic lattices, Sumedha, J. Stat. Phys., Vol. 120, 101-123(2005).
4. Efficiency of the Incomplete Enumeration algorithm for Monte-Carlo simulation of linear and branched polymers, Sumedha and Deepak Dhar, J. Stat. Phys., Vol. 120, 71-100(2005).
3. Directed Branched Polymer near an Attractive Line,Sumedha, J. Phys. A:Math. Gen., Vol. 37, 3673(2004).
2. Distribution of Transverse Distances in Directed Animals,Sumedha and Deepak Dhar, J. Phys. A:Math. Gen., Vol. 36,3701(2003).
1. Transition curves for the variance of the nearest neighbor spacing distribution for Poisson to Gaussian orthogonal and unitary ensemble transitions, V. K. B. Kota and S. Sumedha, Phys.Rev. E, Vol. 60, 3405-3408(1999).
We are interested in understanding the role of stochasticity in biological processes. We are working on understanding the role of stochasticity on the dynamics of biopolymers like microtubules and actin, which play a crucial role during cell division in bacteria.
P 205 Mathematical Methods II
P 206 Quantum Mechanics l
P-302 Statistical Mechanics
P 455 Phase Transitions and Critical Phenomena
P 452 Computational Physics
P 614 Statistical Mechanics for PhD students
P-602 Mathematical Methods for PhD Students
Master's Thesis Supervised:
Arabind Swain(2017-2018), on "Role of GTP hydrolysis in FtSz dynamics"
Jyotiranjan Parida(2017-2018), on "Large Deviation Theory and its Application to the Blume-Capel model"
Abu James(2017-2018), on "Community detection algorithms for networks"
Varghese Babu(2015-2016), on " Study of randomness in spin models ", Now PhD student at JNCSR(Bangalore)
Kunal Garg (Jan-Apr 2015), on "Study of Microscopic Model of Dynamic Instability in Microtubules "
Jetin E Thomas(2013-2014) on "Study of hard core lattice gases using entropic sampling ", Now PhD student at Brandeis Univeristy
Sushant K Singh(2012-2013) on "Large Deviation Theory and Its Application to Disordered Systems "; Now Scientific Officer at VECC Kolkata
Sharmistha Sahoo(2011-2012) on "Boolean Satisfiability Problem on Regular Random Graphs "; Now PhD student at University of Virginia Charlotsville.
© 2020 National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar, All Rights Reserved.