Reader - F
Postdoc - Institute Curie, Paris & Department of Biochemistry, University of Geneva, Switzerland. Advisor: Aurelien Roux (2009-13)
PhD - Institute of Biochemistry, Graduate School of Chemistry, University of Münster, Germany. (2009)
MSc - School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India. (2005)
BSc - Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. (2003)
Membrane - Protein Interactions, Membrane Deformation, Membrane Biochemistry & Biophysics, Reconstitution Biology.
2018: Early Career Research Award from DST (ECR/2017/003138, Not Availed)
2014 - 2019: INSPIRE Faculty Award in Chemical Sciences.
2010 - 2012: European Commission's Marie Curie Fellowship.
2005 - 2009: Doctoral Fellowship from the NRW Graduate School of Chemistry, Münster, Germany.
2001 - 2005: KVPY Fellowship (National Science Fellowship, administered by IISc, Bangalore and funded by DST, Govt. of India).
01. Prince A, Tiwari A, Ror P, Padmani S, Roy J, Jha S, Mallick B, Akhtar Y, Saleem M*. Attenuation of neuroblastoma cell growth by nisin is mediated by modulation of phase behavior and enhanced cell membrane fluidity. RSC Phy Chem Chem Phy, 2019; 21, 1980-1987. (Featured in RSC PCCP 2018-19 Hot Articles Collection)
02. Roy SK, Tiwari A, Saleem M, Jana CK*. Metal Free Direct C(sp2)-H Arylaminations Using Nitrosoarenes to 2-hydroxy-di(het)aryl Amines as Multifunctional Aß-aggregation Modulators. RSC ChemComm, 2018; 54, 14081-14084. doi: 10.1039/C8CC08470J. (Featured in RSC themed collection 2018 New Frontiers in Indian Research)
03. Deepanjali G#, Yamini Y#, Senthilguru K, Tarun A, Devdeep M, Prince A, Tiwari A, Tapas KM, Kunal P, Supratim G, Saleem M*, Indranil B*. Osteoblast-derived giant plasma membrane vesicles induce osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Advanced Biosystems, 2018. doi: 10.1002/adbi.201800093. (Also featured as Hot Topic: Vesicles, in ChemPhysChem)
04. Tiwari A, Prince A, Manoranjan A, Jha S, Saleem M*. Passive membrane penetration by ZnO nanoparticles is driven by the interplay of electrostatic and phase boundary conditions. RSC Nanoscale, 2018;10, 3369-3384. doi: 10.1039/C7NR08351C.
05. Prince A, Sandhu P, Kumar P, Dash E, Sharma S, Arakha M, Jha S, Akhter Y, Saleem M*. Lipid-II independent antimicrobial mechanism of nisin depends on its crowding and degree of oligomerization. Scientific Reports, 2016; 6:37908. doi: 10.1038/srep37908. (Highlighted by Indiabioscience)
06. Saleem M, Morlot S, Hohendahl A, Manzi J, Lenz M, Roux A. A balance between membrane elasticity and polymerization energy sets the spherical shape of clathrin coats. Nature Communications, 2015; 6: 6249 DOI: 10.1038/ncomms7249.
07. Saleem M, Galla HJ. Surface view of the lateral organization of the lipids and proteins in lung surfactant model systems - A ToF-SIMS approach. Biochim Biophys Acta - Biomembranes, 2010 Apr;1798(4):730-40.
08. Rakesh HK, Saleem M, Galla HJ. Nanoparticle interaction with model lung surfactant monolayers. Journal of Royal Society - Interface, 2010 Feb 6;7 Suppl 1:S15-26.
09. Saleem M, Meyer MC, Breitenstein D, Galla HJ. Calcium ions as “miscibility switch”: Colocalization of Surfactant protein B with negatively charged DPPG under calcium free conditions. Biophysical Journal, 2009 Jul 22;97(2):500-8.
10. Saleem M, Meyer MC, Breitenstein D, Galla HJ. The surfactant peptide KL4 in lipid monolayers: phase behavior, topography, and chemical distribution. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2008 Feb 22; 283(8):5195-207.
To access full list of publicaton: Click Here.
Mechanisms of membrane deformation in cellular trafficking, neurodegeneration and host-pathogen interactions.
Reconstitution of biologically relevant protein mediated membrane shaping and remodeling.
Reader - F
School of Biological Sciences
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar
P.O Jatni, Khurda, ODISHA - 752050