Tumour Angiogenesis Regulation and Cancer Genetics
1. Tiwari A, Mukherjee B, Hassan MK, Pattanaik N, Jaiswal AM, Dixit M. Reduced FRG1 expression promotes prostate cancer progression and affects prostate cancer cell migration and invasion. BMC Cancer. 2019 Apr 11;19(1):346. doi: 10.1186/s12885-019-5509-4. PMID:30975102
2. Hassan MK, Kumar D, Naik M, Dixit M. The expression profile and prognostic significance of eukaryotic translation elongation factors in different cancers. PLoS One. 2018 Jan 17;13(1):e0191377. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0191377. eCollection 2018. PubMed PMID: 29342219; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5771626.
3. Kumar D, Hassan MK, Pattnaik N, Mohapatra N, Dixit M. Reduced expression of IQGAP2 and higher expression of IQGAP3 correlates with poor prognosis in cancers. PLoS One. 2017 Oct 26;12(10):e0186977. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0186977. eCollection 2017. PubMed PMID: 29073199; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5658114.
4. Tiwari A, Mukherjee B, Dixit M. MicroRNA Key to Angiogenesis Regulation: miRNA Biology and Therapy. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2017 Jun 30. doi: 10.2174/1568009617666170630142725. PubMed PMID: 28669338.
5. Tiwari A, Pattnaik N, Mohanty Jaiswal A, Dixit M. Increased FSHD region gene1 expression reduces in vitro cell migration, invasion, and angiogenesis, ex vivo supported by reduced expression in tumors. Biosci Rep. 2017 Oct 27;37(5). pii: BSR20171062. doi: 10.1042/BSR20171062. Print 2017 Oct 31. PubMed PMID: 28947680; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5665614.
6. Arman Kunwar Hansda, Ankit Tiwari, Manjusha Dixit. Current Status and Future Prospect of FSHD Region Gene 1. J Biosci. 2017 Jun;42(2):345-353.
7. Gade CR, Dixit M, Sharma NK. Dideoxy nucleoside triphosphate (ddNTP)analogues: Synthesis and polymerase substrate activities of pyrrolidinyl nucleoside triphosphates (prNTPs). Bioorg Med Chem. 2016 Sep 15;24(18): 4016-22.doi: 10.1016/j.bmc.2016.06.043.
8. Deepa Kumari, Ankit Tiwari, Mahasweta Choudhury, Abhishek Kumar, Aparna Rao, Manjusha Dixit. A novel KERA mutation in a case of autosomal recessive cornea plana with primary angle closure glaucoma. J Glaucoma. 2016 Feb;25(2):e106-9.
9. Tiwari A, Gade CR, Dixit M, Sharma NK. Methylene Salicylicacidyl Hexamer (MSH) Has DNAse Activity. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2015 Jul;176(6):1791-800.
10. Subhransu Sekhar Sahoo, Sebaranjan Biswal, and Manjusha Dixit. Distinctive Mutation Spectrum of the HBB Gene in an Urban Eastern Indian Population. Hemoglobin 2014, 38: 33-38.
11. Sachchida N. Pandey, Jennifer Cabotage, Rongye Shi, Manjusha Dixit, Margret Sutherland, Jian Liu, Stephanie Muger, Scott Q. Harper, Kanneboyina Nagaraju, and Yi-Wen Chen. Conditional over-expression of PITX1 causes skeletal muscle dystrophy in mice. Biology Open 2012, 1:629-639.
12. Sharma, N.K., P. Lunawat and M. Dixit. Binding studies of natural product berberine with DNA G-quadruplex. Am. J. Biochem. Biotechnol.2011, 7: 130-134.
13. Yang Z, Tong Z, Chen Y, Zeng J, Lu F, Sun X, Zhao C, Wang K, Davey L, Chen H, London N, Muramatsu D, Salasar F, Carmona R, Kasuga D, Wang X, Bedell M, Dixit M, Zhao P, Yang R, Gibbs D, Liu X, Li Y, Li C, Li Y, Campochiaro B, Constantine R, Zack DJ, Campochiaro P, Fu Y, Li DY, Katsanis N, Zhang K. Genetic and functional dissection of HTRA1 and LOC387715 in age-related macular degeneration. PLoS Genet. 2010 Feb 5;6(2):e1000836 (Name misspelled).
14. Gibbs D, Yang Z, Constantine R, Ma X, Camp NJ, Yang X, Chen H, Jorgenson A, Hau V, Dewan A, Zeng J, Harmon J, Buehler J, Brand JM, Hoh J, Cameron DJ, Dixit M, Tong Z, Zhang K. Further mapping of 10q26 supports strong association of HTRA1 polymorphisms with age-related macular degeneration. Vision Res. 2008 Feb;48(5):685-689.
15. Dixit M, Ansseau E, Tassin A, Winokur S, Shi R, Qian H, Sauvage S, Mattéotti C, van Acker AM, Leo O, Figlewicz D, Barro M, Laoudj-Chenivesse D, Belayew A, Coppée F, Chen YW. DUX4, a candidate gene of facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, encodes a transcriptional activator of PITX1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Nov 13;104(46):18157-62.
16. Dixit M, Choudhuri G, Saxena R, Mittal B. Association of apolipoprotein A1-C3 gene cluster polymorphisms with gallstone disease. Can J Gastroenterol. 2007 Sep;21(9):569-75.
17. Pandey SN, Srivastava A, Dixit M, Choudhuri G, Mittal B. Haplotype analysis of signal peptide (insertion/deletion) and XbaI polymorphisms of the APOB gene in gallbladder cancer. Liver Int. 2007 Sep;27(7):1008-15.
18. Srivastava A, Pandey SN, Dixit M, Choudhuri G, Mittal B. Cholecystokinin receptor A gene polymorphism in gallstone disease and gallbladder cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 Jun;23(6):970-5.
19. Dixit M, Choudhuri G, Mittal B. Association of lipoprotein receptor, receptor-associated protein, and metabolizing enzyme gene polymorphisms with gallstone disease: A case-control study. Hepatol Res. 2006 Sep;36(1):61-9.
20. Dixit M, Choudhuri G, Keshri LJ, Mittal B. Association of low density lipoprotein receptor related protein-associated protein (LRPAP1) gene insertion/deletion polymorphism with gallstone disease. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006 May;21(5):847-9.
21. Dixit M, Choudhuri G, Mittal B. Association of APOE-C1 gene cluster polymorphisms with gallstone disease. Dig Liver Dis. 2006 Jun;38(6):397-403.
22. Pandey SN, Dixit M, Choudhuri G, Mittal B. Lipoprotein Receptor Associated Protein (LRPAP1) Insertion/Deletion Polymorphism: Association with Gallbladder Cancer Susceptibility. Int J Gastrointest Cancer. 2006;37(4):124-8.
23. Dixit M, Bhattacharya S, Mittal B. Association of CETP TaqI and APOE polymorphisms with type II diabetes mellitus in North Indians: a case control study. BMC Endocr Disord. 2005 Jul 1;5:7.
24. Dixit, Manjusha; Mittal, B. Frequencies of CETP gene TaqI B and D442G polymorphisms in North Indian Population. Current Science 2005, 88, 1973-1977.
25. Agarwal, G. S.; Kamboj, D. V.; Alam, S. I.; Dixit, Manjusha; Singh, L. Environmental detection of bacillus anthracis spores. Current science 2002 83, 697.
1. Mittal, B. and Dixit, Manjusha. Genetic Predisposition in Cholesterol Gallstone Disease. In Trends in Cholesterol Research. Edited by Kramer, M. A. Hauppauge, N. Y. Nova Science Publishers 2005.
Dr. Dixit's research interest is to understand the genetics and molecular biology of various human genetic diseases, especially cancer.
During her postdoc in University of Utah, she worked on angiogenesis in eye disease and developed interest in this subject. Abnormal growth of new blood vessels plays an important role in many diseases, including cancer. To treat cancer, various potential anti-angiogenesis drugs have been tested with limited success. Blocking just one regulatory pathway may not be enough. To date, all these angiogenic-switch regulatory molecules and their mechanism are not known. In order to do that, her research group is interested towards the validation and elucidation of the molecular mechanism of putative angiogenic regulators. Moreover, her group is also working towards the ilucidation of genetic predisposition for Gallbladder cancer in the population of Odisha.
Dr. Dixit regularly offers two theory and two practical courses in odd or even semeter.
Tel 0674-2304195, 0674-2304196
School of Biological Sciences, National Institute of Science Education and Research
© 2019 National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar, All Rights Reserved.