BSc(Ag)Hons, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya, West Bengal, India (Aug 1991- Dec 1995)
MSc in Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India (1st Aug 1996- Jul 1998)
Research fellow at National Centre for Biological Science, Bangalore, India (1st Aug 1998-15th Jan 2002)
Research fellow at Dept of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (1st Feb 2002-31st May 2002)
PhD thesis work at the Dept of Biochemistry, Freie University of Berlin, Germany (1st Jun 2002-31st Dec 2005)
Post doctoral fellow at Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany (1st Jan 2006-15th July 2009)
Cell biology of TRP ion channels: Implications in pain and other pathophysiology
a. Qualified for the National Scholarship for both Secondary and Higher Secondary examination (Govt. of India).
b. Obtained scholarship from Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya from 1991 to 1995.
c. Obtained fellowship from Govt. of West Bengal, India from Feb 1996- July 1996 for Farm training.
d. Stood 1st in the All India Entrance Examination for Agricultural Biotechnology during 1996.
e. Obtained scholarship from Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, from 1996 Aug to 1998 April.
f. Qualified CSIR-NET (National Eligibility Test, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, India) during 1997 Dec.
g. Obtained Research Fellowship from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore from Aug 1998 to Jan 2002.
h. Obtained Research Fellowship from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. 1st Feb 2002 to 30th May 2002.
i. Obtained fellowship BAT2a/2 from SFB515, Germany since 1st June 2002 -31st Dec 2005.
j. Obtained Distinction (“Summa cum laude”) in PhD program, Freie Universitat Berlin, March 2006.
k. Obtained fellowship from Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics since 1st Jan 2006-July 2009
l. Obtained best poster award from German society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (GBM) at fall meeting, 2007 Hamburg, Germany.
m. Won a bursary award from International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) to attend the Third International Congress on Neuropathic Pain, May 27-30, 2010, Athens, Greece.
n. Obtained “Letter of appreciation” for teaching performance from NISER.
o. Selected as a member of “Board of academics”, Utkal University. Bhubaneswar, India (Since 2010-till now)
p. Convener of XXXV All India Cell Biology Conference and symposia on membrane dynamics and disease, 2011
q. “Member, Board of studies”, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack (Since 2011-till now)
r. Elected as an executive member (2013-2015) of All India Society for Cell Biology
s. Served as a “Resource person” for UGC refreshers course at Sambalpur University, 2014
Membership of professional and scientific organization:
Other scientific activities and organizational work:
a) Local organizing committee member of Regional Biochemical Symposium on 3rd Sept 2011, NISER, Bhubaneswar
b) Convener of XXXV All India Cell Biology conference and symposium on “Membrane Dynamics and disease”, 16-18th Dec 2011, at NISER, Bhubaneswar, India
c) Local organizing committee member of Indian Immunology Society - Odisha Chapter, Aug 11, 2012, NISER, Bhubaneswar
Editorial Job for peer reviewed Journals:
Reviewing Job (15 Journals):
1. Goswami C., Dreger M., Jahnel R., Bogen O., Gillen C. and Hucho F. (2004) Identification and characterization of a Ca2+-sensitive interaction of the vanilloid receptor TRPV1 with tubulin. J Neurochem. 91, 1092-103. (IF in 2004: 5.232; Total citation in Jan 2014: 56)
2. Goswami C., Dreger M., Otto H., Schwappach B. and Hucho F. (2006) Rapid disassembly of dynamic microtubules upon activation of the capsaicin receptor TRPV1. J Neurochem. 96, 254-266.
(IF in 2006: 4.9; Total citation in Jan 2014: 44)
3.* Goswami C., Schmidt H. and Hucho F. (2007) Regulation of growth cone morphology and movement by TRPV1 activation. FEBS journal. 274, 760-72. (Cover page)
(IF in 2013: 4.25; Total citation in Jan 2014: 39)
4. Goswami C., Hucho T. and Hucho F. (2007) Identification and characterisation of novel tubulin-binding motifs located within the C-terminus of TRPV1. J Neurochem. 101, 250-262.
(IF in 2007: 4.8; Total citation in Jan 2014: 25)
5. M. Motazacker, B. Rost, T. Hucho, M. Garshasbi, K. Kahrizi, R. Ullmann, S. Abedini, S. Nieh, S. Amini, C. Goswami, A. Tzschach, L. Jensen, D. Schmitz, H.H. Ropers, H. Najmabadi, A.W. Kuss A (2007) Defect in the Ionotropic Glutamate Receptor 6 Gene (GRIK2) is Associated with Autosomal Recessive Mental Retardation. American Journal of Human Genetics 81, 792-8. (IF in 2009: 12.303; Total citation in Jan 2014: 84)
6. Goswami C. and Hucho T. (2007) TRPV1 expression-dependent initiation and regulation of filopodial. J Neurochem. 103, 1319-33. (IF in 2007: 4.8; Total citation in Jan 2014: 26)
7. Goswami C. and Hucho T. (2008) Invited review series: Novel aspects of the submembraneous microtubule cytoskeleton. FEBS journal. 275, 4653. (Invited review) (IF in 2013: 4.25; Total citation in Jan 2014: 4)
8.* Goswami C. and Hucho T. (2008) Submembraneous microtubule cytoskeleton: Biochemical and functional interplay of TRP channels with the cytoskeleton. FEBS journal. 275, 4684-4699. (Invited review)
(IF in 2013: 4.25, Total citation in Jan 2014: 14)
9. Kuhn J, Dina Y, Goswami C., Suckow V, Levine J, Tim Hucho. (2008) GPR30 Estrogen Receptor Agonists Induce Mechanical Hyperalgesia in the Rat. European journal of neuroscience. 27, 1700-9.
(IF in 2010: 3.658, Total citation in Jan 2014: 56)
10. Goswami C, Islam MS. (2010) Transient Receptor Potential channels: What's happening? Reflections in the wake of the 2009 TRP Meeting, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm. Channels (Austin). 4, 124-35 (IF in 2011: 2.14; Total citation in Jan 2014: 4)
11. Goswami C, Rademacher N, Smalla KH, Kalscheuer V, Ropers HH, Gundelfinger ED, Hucho T. (2010) TRPV1 acts as a synaptic protein and regulates vesicle recycling. J Cell Sci. 123, 2045-57
(IF in 2010: 6.29; Total citation in Jan 2014: 13)
12. Goswami C, Kuhn J, Heppenstall PA, Hucho T. (2010) Importance of non-selective cation channel TRPV4 interaction with cytoskeleton and their reciprocal regulations in cultured cells. PLOS one. 5 e11654
(IF in 2010: 4.411; Total citation in Jan 2014: 37)
13. Goswami C, Goswami L. (2010) Filamentous microtubules in the neuronal spinous process and the role of microtubule regulatory drugs in neuropathic pain. Neurochem Int. 57, 497-503
(IF in 2010: 3.601; Total citation in Jan 2014: 4)
14.* Verma P, Kumar A, Goswami C. (2010) TRPV4-mediated channelopathies. Channels (Austin). 4, 319-328 (IF in 2011: 2.14; Total citation in Jan 2014: 19)
15. Goswami C (2010) Structural and functional regulation of growth cone, filopodia and synaptic sites by TRPV1. Journal of Communicative & Integrative Biology 3, 614-618
(IF in 2011: 1.66; Total citation in Jan 2014: 4)
16. Goswami C, Kuhn J, Dina OA, Fernandez-Ballester G, Levine JD, Ferrer-Montiel A, Hucho T. (2011) Estrogen destabilizes microtubules through an ion-conductivity independent TRPV1 pathway. J Neurochem. 117, 995-1008 (IF in 2011: 4.364; Total citation in Jan 2014: 15)
17. *Majhi R, Sardar P, Goswami L, Goswami C. (2011) Right time - right location - right move: TRPs find motors for common functions. Channels (Austin). 5. 375-381 (IF in 2011: 2.14; Total citation in Jan 2014:3)
18. Sardar P, Kumar A, Bhandari A, Goswami C. (2012) Conservation of tubulin-binding sequences in TRPV1 throughout evolution. PlosOne 7, e31448 (IF in 2012: 4.092; Total citation in Jan 2014: 4)
19. Kumar A, Bhandari A, Sinha R, Sardar P, Sushma, Goyal P, Goswami C. and Grapputo A. (2012) Molecular phylogeny of OVOL genes illustrates a conserved C2H2 zinc finger domain coupled by hypervariable unstructured regions.PlosOne 7, e39399 (IF in 2012: 4.092; Total citation in Jan 2014: 1)
20. Goswami C (2012) TRPV1-tubulin complex: involvement of membrane tubulin in the regulation of chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy. J Neurochem. 123, 1-13
(IF in 2012: 4.061; Total citation in Jan 2014: 5)
21. *Goswami C (2012) TRPs-mediated cytoskeletal reorganization: implications for disease and drug development. Book chapter (Springer) ISBN: 978-1-62703-076-2. Page 13-39
(IF in 2013: X; Total citation in Jan 2014: 1)
22. Kumar A, Goswami L, Goswami C (2013) Importance of TRP channels in pain: implications for stress. Frontiers in Bioscience. (Schol Ed) 5, 19-38 (IF in 2013: 3.52; Citation in Feb 2013: 0)
23. Kumar A, Majhi R, Yadav M, Szallasi A, Goswami C. (2013) TRPV1 activators (“vanilloids”) as neurotoxins. Book chapter (Springer) (In press) (IF in 2013: X; Citation in Jan 2014: 0)
24. *Majhi R K, Kumar A, Yadav M, Swain N, Kumari S, Saha A, Pradhan A, Goswami L, Saha S, Samanta L, Maity A, Nayak TK, Chattopadhyay S, Rajakuberan C, Kumar A, Goswami C. (2013) Thermosensitive ion channel TRPV1 is endogenously expressed in the sperm of a fresh water teleost fish (Labeo rohita) and regulates sperm motility. Channels 7, 1-10 (IF when published: 2.159; Citation in Jan 2014: 0)
25. Kumar A, Bhandari A, Sarde SJ, Goswami C. (2013) Sequence, phylogenetic and variant analyses of Antithrombin III. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 440, 714-24
(IF when published: 2.5; Citation in Jan 2014: 0)
26. Sanyasi S, Kumar A, Goswami C, Bandyopadhyay A, Goswami L (2014) A carboxy methyl tamarind polysaccharide matrix for adhesion and growth of osteoclast-precursor cells. Carbohydrate Polymers, 101, 1033-1042 (IF when published: 4; Citation in Jan 2014: 0)
27. Pati R, Mehta R, Mohanty S, Padhi A, Sengupta M, Baskarlingam V, Goswami C, Sonawane A. (2014) Topical application of zinc oxide nanoparticles reduce bacterial skin infection in mice and exhibit antibacterial activity by inducing oxidative stress response and cell membrane disintegration in macrophages. Nanomedicine S1549-9634(14)00114-2. (IF in 2013: 7.647; Citation in Jan 2014: 0)
28. Pradhan N, Pratheek BM, Garai A, Kumar A, Meena VS, Ghosh S, Singh S, Kumari S, Chandrashekar TK, Goswami C, Chattopadhyay S, Kar S, Maiti PK. (2014) Induction of apoptosis by Fe(salen)Cl through caspase-dependent pathway specifically in tumor cells. Cell biology international 38, 1118-31.
(IF when published: 1.64 Citation in Feb 2014: X)
29. Kumar A, Bhandari A, Sarde SJ, Goswami C. (2014) Sequence, synteny, phylogeny and variants analyses of heparin cofactor II. Immunobiology 219, 713-28.
(IF when published: 2.371 Citation in Feb 2013)
30. Kumar A, Bhandari A, Sarde SJ and Goswami C. (2014) Molecular phylogeny of C1 inhibitor depicts two immunoglobulin-like domains fusion in fishes and ray-finned fishes specific intron insertion after separation from zebrafish.Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 450, 219-26.
31. Kumar A, Sahu SK, Mohanty S, Chakrabarti S, Maji S, Reddy RR, Jha AK, Goswami C, Kundu CN, Rajasubramaniam S, Verma SC, Choudhuri T. (2014) Kaposi Sarcoma Herpes Virus Latency Associated Nuclear Antigen Protein Release the G2/M Cell Cycle Blocks by Modulating ATM/ATR Mediated Checkpoint Pathway. PLoS One. 9(6):e100228.
32. Kumar A, Kumari S, Majhi RK, Swain N, Yadav M, Goswami C. (2014) Regulation of TRP channels by steroids: Implications in physiology and diseases. General and Comparative Endocrinology S0016-6480(14)00398-0.
33. Rath S, Das L, Kokate S.B, Chattopadhyay S, Goswami C, Chattopadhyay R, Crowe S.E., Bhattacharyya A (2014) Regulation of Noxa-mediated apoptosis in Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric epithelial cells. FASEB J 29, 796-806.
34. Kumar A, Bhandari A, Goswami C (2014) Surveying genetic variants and molecular phylogeny of cerebral cavernous malformation gene, CCM3/PDCD10. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 455, 98-106.
35. Kumari S, Kumar A, Sardar P, Yadav M, Majhi RK, Kumar A, Goswami C (2015) Influence of membrane cholesterol in the molecular evolution and functional regulation of TRPV4. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 456, 312-9.
36. Majhi RK, Sahoo SS, Yadav M, Chattopadhyay S, Goswami C. (2015) Functional Expression of TRPV Channels in T cells And Their Implications in Immune Regulation. The FEBS Journal. 282, 2661-81.
37. Majhi RK, Saha S, Kumar A, Ghosh A, Swain N, Goswami L, Mohapatra PP, Maity A, Sahoo V, Kumar A, Goswami C. (2015) Expression of temperature-sensitive ion channel TRPM8 in sperm cells correlates with vertebrate evolution.PeerJ. 3:e1310.
38. Majhi RK, Kumar A, Yadav M, Kumar P, Maity A, Giri SC, Goswami C. (2016) Light and electron microscopic study of mature spermatozoa from white pekin duck (Anas platyrhynchos): An ultra-structural and molecular analysis.Andrology 4, 232-44
39. Gayatri Mohanty, Nirlipta Swain, Chandan Goswami, Sujata Kar, Luna Samanta (2016) Histone retention, protein carbonylation and lipid peroxidation in spermatozoa: Possible role in recurrent pregnancy loss. Systems Biology in Reproductive Medicine (Accepted)
40. Das Jugal Kishore; Mahapatra Rajanikanta, Patro Subhranshu; Goswami Chandan; Suar Mrutyunjay (2016) Lactobacillus acidophilus binds to MUC3 component of cultured intestinal epithelial cells with highest affinity. FEMS Microbiology Letters (Accepted)
41. Arijit Ghosh, Navneet Kaur, Abhishek Kumar, Chandan Goswami. (2016) Why individual thermo sensation and pain perception varies? Clue of disruptive mutations in TRPVs from 2504 human genome data. Channels (Accepted)
42. Ashutosh Kumar; Rakesh K Majhi; Nirlipta Swain; Sunil C Giri; Sujata Kar; Luna Samanta; Chandan Goswami (2016) TRPV4 is endogenously expressed in vertebrate spermatozoa and regulates intracellular calcium in human sperm. BBRC. (Accepted)
© 2020 National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar, All Rights Reserved.