- Post Doc Exp: Ohio State University, Univeristy of British Columbia, Univeristy of Tennessee, Knoxville
- PhD (Physics) Harish Chandra Research Institute
- Journal Club:
- Weekly Journal Club webpage
- Schools/Conferences organized by us:
- Organized, Young Investigators Meet on Quantum Condensed Matter Theory (15-18 Dec 2020)
- Organized, Meeting on quantum materials (2-3 May 2019)
Organized, Annual condensed matter meeting (26-27 Feb 2018), jointly with Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar.
- Dr. Abhishek Joshi (PhD Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad)
- Dr. Sanjukta Paul (PhD Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata), Jointly with Dr. Joydeep Bhattacharya, NISER.
- Gour Jana
- Subhajyoti Pal
- Sayan Jana (Jointly with Prof. Arijit Saha, Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar)
- Abbas Hirkani Hasnain, Aug 21-22
- B. Varun Govind, Aug 21-22
- Hiranmoy Das, Aug 21-22
- Simran Chourasia, Aug 20-21 @ Condensed Matter Physics Center, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain.
- Siddhant Kumar Panda, Aug 19-20 @ Universityof Florida, for PhD
- Amit B. Sanyal, Aug18-19, @University of Tennessee, Knoxville for Ph.D.
- Bineet K. Dash, Aug18-19, @University of Michigan for Ph.D.
- Divya Rana, Aug17-18, with Dr. Nishikanta Khandai, @IUCAA, Pune for Ph.D.
- Siddhartha S. Dash, Aug16-17, @Univ. of Sherbrooke, Canada, for Ph.D.
Theoretical condensed matter physics
8. A. Paul, A. Mukherjee, I. Dasgupta, and T. Saha-Dasgupta "Interplay between Breathing and Polar Instabilities in Transition metal Perovskites with Active A-sites” Phys. Rev. Research 2, 013333 (2020).
7. D. Nafday, D. Sen, N. Kaushal, A. Mukherjee, T. Saha-Dasgupta "2D Ferromagnetism: A route through layered Inorganic-Organic Hybrid Perovskites". Phys. Rev. Research 1, 032034(R) (2019).
6. A. Paul, A. Mukherjee, I. Dasgupta, A. Paramekanti and T. Saha-Dasgupta "Hybridization-switching induced Mott transition in ABO3 perovskites." Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 016404 (2019).
5. N. D. Patel, A. Mukherjee, N. Kaushal, A. Moreo, and E. Dagotto "Non Fermi liquid behavior and continuously tunable resistivity exponents in the Anderson-Hubbard model at finite temperature." Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 086601 (2017)
4. S. Johnston, A. Mukherjee, I. Elfimov, M. Berciu, G. A. Sawatzky "Charge disproportionation without charge transfer in rare-earth nickelates as possible mechanism for M-I transition.” Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 106404 (2014)
3. A. Mukherjee, W. S. Cole, P. Woodward, M. Randeria, and N. Trivedi, "Theory of Strain-Controlled Magnetotransport and Stabilization of the Ferromagnetic Insulating Phase in Manganite Thin Films." Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 157201 (2013)
2. O. Erten, O. N. Meetei, A. Mukherjee, M. Randeria, N. Trivedi, P. Woodward, "Theory of Half-metallic Ferrimagnetism in Double Perovskites.” Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 257201 (2011)
1. K. Pradhan, A. Mukherjee and P. Majumdar, “The distinct effects of homogeneous weak disorder and dilute strong scatterers on phase competition in the manganites.” Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 147206 (2007)
Strongly correlated electron systems and many body theory, please visit group homepage for details.
For a flavor of research acitivities in our group and by colleagues with similar interests in the area of strong correlation physics, materials theory and topology, please visit our weekly Journal Club webpage
P303: Quantum Mechanics II
P415: Computational Physics
P453: Quantum Field Theory I
P460: Many Particle Physics
P471: Quantum Information & Quantum Computation
P615: Quantum Mechanics (for PhD)