- Das Amarendra (in press) Turnaround in Maternal and Child Healthcare of India:Role of Institutional Innovation and ASHA in Inclusive Innovation: Evidence and Options in Rural India Editors Rajeswari S. Raina and Keshab Das, Springer
- Bibhunandini Das and Amarendra Das (2017) Technology Adoption in Indian Agriculture in Indian Agriculture after Green Revolution: Changes and Challenges, eds M P Bezbaruah, Binoy Goswami and Raju Mandal. Taylor and Francis Books.
- Das Amarendra and Satyananda Acharya (2016) ‘Mining and Odisha’s Economy’ in The Economy of Odisha: A Profile (eds) S C. Panda, P. B. Nayak and P.Pattnaik. Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
- Bal Chakradhar, Amarendra Das, and Subas C. Kumar (2015)’Silver-lining in Odisha’s Manufacturing Industry’ Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. L, NO (15). pp.69-79.
- Das Amarendra and H. S Rout (2015) ‘The Distant Goal of Universalising Elementary Education: Case Study of a tribal Village of Odisha’ in Social Sector in India: Issues and Challenges (eds.) H. S. Rout and Padmaja Mishra, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, UK.
- Das Amarendra and Bibhunandini Das (2015) ‘How Inclusive is Odisha’s Economic Growth?’ in Trend, Magnitude and Dimensions of Inequality in Post Reform India (eds.) R. K. Panda and R. K. Meher, Concept Publishing Company, New Delhi. pp 206-226.
- Das Amarendra (2014) ‘On the States’ Ownership and Taxation Rights over Minerals in India’ in The Coal Nation: Histories, Cultures and Ecologies of Coal in India edited by Kuntala Lahiri Dutta Ashgate Publishing Ltd, Wey Court East, Union Road, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7PT, England. ISBN 978-1-4724-2470-9
- Das Amarendra and Padmaja Mishra (2014) ‘Environment, Natural Resources and the Indian Economy’. New Century Publications, New Delhi. ISBN 978-81-7708-348-4.
- Das Amarendra (2013) Implementation of Social Security Schemes in Odisha: A Study of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana in The Long Road to Social Security edited by K P Kannan and Jan Breman. Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
- Das Amarendra (2013) ‘Performance of Public and Private Mining Firms in India: In Productivity, Environmental and Social Dimensions’ Cambridge Scholars Publishing, UK. ISBN13: 978-1-4438-5243-2, ISBN: 1-4438-5243-0
- Mishra Padmaja and Amarendra Das (2013) ‘Mining: Economic, Environmental and Social Implications’. Edited Volume. Abhijit Publications, New Delhi. ISBN-13 9789350740569
- Das Amarendra (2011) Poverty and Deforestation Nexus in Joint Forest Management Regime: A Study in Chandaka Wildlife Division of Orissa State . LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Germany. ISBN-13 -978-3-8433-2130-3
- Das Amarendra (2012c) ‘Odisha’s Fiscal Consolidation Path: Trimming the fat or cutting the muscle?’ Utkal Economic Papers. Vol 15. ISSN-0976-7592. Pp.33-5
- Das Amarendra (2012b) ‘Does Firm Ownership Differentiate the Social Compliance? An Enquiry into the Indian Mining Industry. Indian Economic Journal. Volume 59(3), pp.56-70
- Das Amarendra (2012a) ‘Who extracts minerals more efficiently—Public or private firms? A study of Indian mining industry. Journal of Policy Modelling . Vol. 34. Issue 5. pp 755-766.
- Das Amarendra (2011) ‘Poverty Induced Forest Degradation in JFM Regime: Evidence from Orissa, India’, Review of Development and Change . Vol. XVI, No.1, pp.23-48.
- Das Amarendra (2009) ‘Challenges in Ensuring Elementary Education for All’.Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. XLIV, No. 39, pp. 29-30. September, 26.
- Das Amarendra (2009) ‘Regulatory Authority over Minerals: A Case for Review’.Economic and Political Weekly ’. Vol XLIV NO 10, pp.105-109.
- Das Amarendra and William Joe (2008) ‘Community Participation in Monitoring Coal Production’. Economic and Political Weekly, VOL 43 No. 06.pp-77-79.
- Das Amarendra (2007)’ How far have we come in Sarva Siksha Abhiyan’ . Economic and Political Weekly. VOL 42 No. 01, pp.21-23.
- Das Amarendra (2005) “POSCO Deal: Natural Resource Implications” Economic and Political Weekly, VOL 40 No. 44 and 45, pp.4678-4680
- Adivasi Sikshya Byabasthar Punarbinyas (Revamp of Tribal Education System (in Odia)] The Samaja, May 01, 2018
- Better outcome takes greater sensitivity, Orissa Post, April 17, 2018
- Gotiye desha gotiye sikshya babastha (One nation, one education system) The Dharitri, November 10, 2017
- No Sign of Growth Convergence for the state, Odisha news online November 01, 2017.
- Available Salve Applied Sparingly, Orissa Post, September 02, 2017
- Piped Water as lifeline for rural Orissa, July 16, 2017, Orissa Post.
- Kendra Rajya Kirasini Kali (in Odia) [Centre State Fight for Kerosene], May 30, 2017, The Samaja.
- Adivasi Siksha O Odishar Bikash in Odia (Adivasis Education and Development of Odisha), The Dharitri, March 03, 2017.
- Equality in Schooling: A Distant Dream, September, 05, 2016, Orissa Post.
- Impeded By Free Riders, May 11, 2016, Orissa Post.
- Sensitive Planning Needed, November 14, 2015, Orissa Post
- Unhealthy Atmosphere, September 29, 2015, Orissa Post
- Sajada Rajkosha, Ujuda Samajika Seba(in Odia language), The Samaja, (Odia Daily) June 10, 2015.
- Sajada Rajkosha, Ujuda Samajika Seba(in Odia language) in Juba Snahati, Vol 9, AIDYO, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Future Imperfect, March 05, 2015, Orissa Post.
- Role of State in Royalty, October 02, 2014, Orissa Post
- Education, Core Problems, September 05, 2014, Orissa Post
- Raw Deal to Teachers, July 30, 2014, Orissa Post.
- Elusive Figure of Poverty, July 11, 2014, Orissa Post.
- Orissa’s Growth Story-II’ July 02, 2014, Orissa Post
- ‘Orissa’s Growth Story-I’, June 26, 2014, Orissa Post
- ‘Some Freebies, No Work’, June 09, 2014, Orissa Post
- Less welfare, more profit, February 18, 2014, Orissa Post.
- Merchants of Education, December 26, 2013, Orissa Post.
- Teaching as contract, December 03, 2013, Orissa Post.
- Education, resources, October 21, 2013, Orissa Post.
- Collective Failure, January 01, 2013, Orissa Post.
- License for Corruption, December 16, 2012, Orissa Post
- Kanya Sankhya Hrasara Satarka Ghanti (The Warning Bell of Declining Sex Ratio), 27-04-2011, The Samaja, Odia Daily, Cuttack Edition.
- Odishara Swasthya Kshetrare Anagrasarata: Eka Alochana (Odisha’s Backwardness in Health Sector: An analysis), 10-12-2008, The Samaja, Odia Daily, Cuttack Edition
- Chief Warden
- Chairperson, Library Stock Verification Committee
- Joint Secretary, The Indian Econometric Society
- Introduction to Economics
- Environmental Economics and Environmental Impact Assessment
- New Institutional Economics
- Public Economics, Environmental Economics, International Trade and Finance, Macro Economics, Economics of Growth and Development
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
[From july 2018 to present]
December 01, 2015 to June 30, 2018
Assistant Professor [Economics] SHSS, NISER
November, 01 2014 –November 31 2015
Assistant Professor, Department of A&A Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
July 08, 2013 – October 31, 2014: [on deputation from Utkal University]
Deputy Director, Fourteenth Finance Commission, Government of India, New Delhi.
March 06, 2010-July 05, 2013:
Assistant Professor, Department of A&A Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India [On deputation to Fourteenth Finance Commission]
PhD  Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
MPhil  Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
MA  Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
BA  Prananath College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
Natural Resource Management, Environmental Economics, Public Finance
2011: Received best paper prize for the paper titled ‘Orissa’s Fiscal Consolidation Path: Trimming the Fat or Cutting the Muscle?’.at the 7th Refresher Course in Public Economics for South Asian Region organized by National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi, during 23rd May 2011 to 17th June 2011.
2010: Young Scientist Award for the best paper presentation on “An Economic Analysis of the Water Allocation in Odisha’ in Odisha Environment Congress 2010 jointly organised by the Centre for Environment and Development, Thiruvananthapuram; Human Development Foundation, Bhubaneswar and Regional Museum of Natural History, Bhubaneswar held during 22-24 December 2010.
2009:Won the First Prize in the 10th Annual Global Development Conference (Natural Resource and Development) in its’ competition for Medals for Research on Development under the Category of Foreign Direct Investment and Natural Resource for my paper entitled ‘Do Firm Ownership and Competition Have Bearing on Productivity? An Enquiry of Indian Mining Industry from 1988-89 to 2005-06’ . The conference was organised by the Global Development Network (GDN) and held at the Kuwait City, Kuwait during 01-05 February 2009 and the award was sponsored by the Luxembourg Ministry of Finance.
Popular Writings in Newspapers/Magazines
Natural Resource Management [Mining, Forestry, Human-Wildlife Conflict], Environmental Economics, Public Finance [Fiscal Federalism]
At Utkal University
Email: amarendra[at]niser[dot]ac[dot]in dasamarendra[at]gmail[dot]com
Telephone: [mobile] 91-9439923626