- 2018 - Present: Assistant Professor at SPS, NISER Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
- 2016 - 2018: Post doctoral, Materials Theory, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- 2013 - 2016: Postdoctoral Researcher, Quantum Theory of Materials, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Germany.
- Ph. D. in Theoretical and computational condensed matter physics (2013), Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India.
- M. Sc. in Physics (2006), Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- B. Sc. in Physics (2004), Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Kolkata, India.
- Ramanujan Fellowship, 2019
"YIMQCMT-2020" to be held at NISER 15-18 December 2020.
Non-trivial topology in magnetism: Skyrmion
Topology in band theory
Ab initio theory on transverse transport
Ultrafast dynamics in magnetic system
- Strongly correlated electron systems
- GPU based coding: Spin simulator
- P306: INTRODUCTION TO CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS (6th Sem)
- P303: Quantum Mechanics II (5th Sem)
Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics and Material Science
To look up full publication list on google scholar click here.
8. Pressure controlled trimerization for switching of anomalous Hall effect in triangular antiferromagnet Mn3Sn; C. Singh, V. Singh, G. Pradhan, V. Srihari, H. Kumar Poswal, R. Nath, Ashis K. Nandy*, Ajaya K. Nayak* Phys. Rev. Research 2, 043366 (2020).
7. Tuning the Properties of Zero-Field Room Temperature Ferromagnetic Skyrmions by Interlayer Exchange Coupling; Roberto Lo Conte*, Ashis K. Nandy*, Gong Chen et al., Nano Letters 20, 4739-4747 (2020).
6. Orbitally Dominated Rashba-Edelstein Effect in Noncentrosymmetric Antiferromagnets; L. Salemi, M. Berritta, Ashis K. Nandy, P. M Oppeneer Nat. Commun. 10, 5381 (2019).
5. Distinct multiple fermionic states in a single topological metal; M. M. Hosen, K. Dimitri, Ashis K. Nandy* et al., Nat. Commun. 7, 13857 (2018).
4. Generation of single skyrmions by picosecond magnetic field pulses; V. Flovik†, A. Qaiumzadeh†, Ashis K. Nandy†, C. Heo and T. Rasing, Phys. Rev. B 96, 140411(R) (2018).
3. Evidence for spin-to-charge conversion by Rashba coupling in metallic states at the Fe/Ge(111) interface; S. Oyarzún, Ashis K. Nandy et al., Nat. Commun. 7, 13857 (2016).
2. Interlayer Exchange Coupling: A General Scheme Turning Chiral Magnets into Magnetic Multilayers Carrying Atomic-Scale Skyrmions; Ashis K. Nandy*, N. S. Kiselev and S. Blügel, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 177202 (2016).
1. KO2: Realization of Orbital Ordering in a p-Orbital System; Ashis K. Nandy, P. Mahadevan, P. Sen and D. D. Sarma; Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 056403 (2010).
[* Corresponding author, † equal contribution]
Post Doctoral Fellows
Dr. Ganesh Paul (2020 - )
Dr. Sabana Shabnam (2018 - )
Subhadip Pradhan (2020 - )