Basic definitions, Eulerian and Hamiltonian graphs, Planarity, Colourability, Four colour problem, Matching and Hall’s marriage theorem, Max-flow Min-cut theorem, Ramsey theory, Line graphs, Enumeration, Digraphs. Matroids, Groups and Graphs, Matrices and graphs, Eigenvalues of graphs, The Laplacian of a graph, Strongly regular graphs.
- D. B. West, Introduction to Graph Theory, Prentice Hall of India.
- F. Harary, Graph Theory, Narosa Publishing House.
- B. Bollobas, Extremal Graph Theory , Dover Publications.
- R. Diestel, Graph Theory, Springer International Edition.
- G. A. Bondy and U. S. R. Murty, Graph Theory, Springer
- C. Godsil and G. Royle, Algebraic Graph Theory, Springer International Edition.