Group representations, Maschke’s theorem and completely reducibility, Characters, Inner product of Characters, Orthogonality relations, Burnside’s theorem, induced characters, Frobenius reciprocity, induced representations, Mackey’s Irreducibility Criterion, Character table of some well-known groups, Representation theory of the symmetric group: partitions and tableaux, constructing the irreducible representations.
- G. James, M. Liebeck, “Representations and Characters of Groups”, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- J. L. Alperin, R. B. Bell, “Groups and Representations”, Graduate Texts in Mathematics 162, Springer, 1995.
- B. Steinberg, “Representation Theory of Finite Groups”, Universitext, Springer, 2012.
- J-P. Serre, “Linear Representations of Finite Groups”, Graduate Texts in Mathematics 42, Springer-Verlag, 1977.
- B. Simon, “Representations of Finite and Compact Groups”, Graduate Studies in Mathematics 10, American Mathematical Society, 2009.