2005: Ph. D. in Organic Photochemistry (Department of Chemistry, IIT Kanpur)
1999: M. Sc. in Chemistry (Department of Chemistry, IIT Kharagpur)
1996: B. Sc. (Honors) in Chemistry (University of Burdwan, West Bengal, India)
2008: Marie Curie Fellowship
2006: Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship
Dr. Prasenjit Mal
Reader-F, School of Chemical Sciences, NISER Bhubaneswar
PO Bhimpur-Padanpur, Via Jatni, District Khurda, Odisha, PIN 752050, INDIA
E-mail: email@example.com; Ph: +91-9439613856/+91-7205667415 (Mob); +91-6742494188 (off)
Alternate email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mechanochemistry and Ball-milling
Metal free coupling reactions
7. Ghosh BN, Topic F, Sahoo PK, Mal P, Linnera J, Kalenius E, et al. Synthesis, structure and photophysical properties of a highly luminescent terpyridine-diphenylacetylene hybrid fluorophore and its metal complexes. Dalton Trans 2015, 44: 254-267.
9. Achar TK, Mal P. Transformation of Contact-Explosives Primary Amines and Iodine(III) into a Successful Chemical Reaction under Solvent-Free Ball Milling Conditions. Adv Synth Catal 2015, 357: 3977-3985.
10. Achar TK, Mal P. Radical-Induced Metal and Solvent-Free Cross-Coupling Using TBAI–TBHP: Oxidative Amidation of Aldehydes and Alcohols with N-Chloramines via C–H Activation. J Org Chem 2015, 80: 666-672.
18. Bilbeisi RA, Clegg JK, Elgrishi N, Hatten Xd, Devillard M, Breiner B, et al. Subcomponent Self-Assembly and Guest-Binding Properties of Face-Capped Fe4L48+ Capsules. J Am Chem Soc 2012, 134: 5110-5119.
26. Schmittel M, Kalsani V, Michel C, Mal P, Ammon H, Jaeckel F, et al. Towards nanotubular structures with large voids: dynamic heteroleptic oligophenanthroline metallonanoscaffolds and their solution-state properties. Chem Eur J 2007, 13: 6223-6237.
28. Singhal N, Koner AL, Mal P, Venugopalan P, Nau WM, Moorthy JN. Diastereomer-Differentiating Photochemistry of β-Arylbutyrophenones: Yang Cyclization versus Type II Elimination. J Am Chem Soc 2005, 127: 14375-14382.
30. Moorthy JN, Natarajan R, Mal P, Venugopalan P. Polymorphism of an o-anisaldehyde: a novel example of channel-type organization sustained by weak C-H···O and C-H···N hydrogen bonds. New J Chem 2004, 28: 1416-1419.
31. Moorthy JN, Mal P, Singhal N, Venkatakrishnan P, Malik R, Venugopalan P. Highly Diastereoselective Tandem Photoenolization-Hetero-Diels-Alder Cycloaddition Reactions of o-Tolualdehydes in the Solid State. J Org Chem 2004, 69: 8459-8466.
33. Moorthy JN, Venkatakrishnan P, Mal P, Dixit S, Venugopalan P. Crystal Engineering: Identification of a Unique Supramolecular Synthon Based on C:O···X Interaction in Halogen-Substituted Aromatic Carboxaldehydes. Cryst Growth Des 2003, 3: 581-585.
35. Mal P, Lourderaj U, Parveen, Venugopalan P, Moorthy JN, Sathyamurthy N. Conformational Control and Photoenolization of Pyridine-3-carboxaldehydes in the Solid State: Stabilization of Photoenols via Hydrogen Bonding and Electronic Control. J Org Chem 2003, 68: 3446-3453.
38. Moorthy JN, Mal P, Natarajan R, Venugopalan P. Efficient Photocyclization of o-Alkylbenzaldehydes in the Solid State: Direct Observation of E-Xylylenols en Route to Benzocyclobutenols. J Org Chem 2001, 66: 7013-7019.
2015: (August): C301 Physical Organic Chemistry
2015: (January): C344 Organic Chemistry II
2014: (January): C244 Biomolecular Chemistry Lab
2014: (January): C102 Chemistry II
2013: (August): C401 Physical Methods in Chemistry II
2013: (January): C204 Reagents in Organic Synthesis
2012: (August): C553 Physical Organic Chemistry
2012: (January): C204 Organic Chemistry II
2011: (August): C559 Supramolecular Chemistry
2011: (January): CE801 Physical Organic Chemistry
2010: (August): CE702 Supramolecular Chemistry
2010: (January): CE04 Organic Photochemistry
© 2016-17 National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar, All Rights Reserved.