2005: Ph. D. in Organic Photochemistry (Department of Chemistry, IIT Kanpur)
1999: M. Sc. in Chemistry (Department of Chemistry, IIT Kharagpur)
1996: B. Sc. (Honors) in Chemistry (University of Burdwan, West Bengal, India)
2008: Marie Curie Fellowship
2006: Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship
Dr. Prasenjit Mal
Reader-F, School of Chemical Sciences, NISER Bhubaneswar
PO Bhimpur-Padanpur, Via Jatni, District Khurda, Odisha, PIN 752050, INDIA
E-mail: email@example.com; Ph: +91-9439613856/+91-7205667415 (Mob); +91-6742494188 (off)
Alternate email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mechanochemistry and Ball-milling
Metal free coupling reactions
4. P. K. Sahoo, C. Giri, T. S. Haldar, R. Puttreddy, K. Rissanen and P. Mal, Mechanochemical Synthesis, Photophysical Properties, and X-ray Structures of N-Heteroacenes, Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2016, 1283-1291.
6. B. N. Ghosh, M. Lahtinen, E. Kalenius, P. Mal and K. Rissanen, 2,2′:6′,2″-Terpyridine Trimethylplatinum(IV) Iodide Complexes as Bifunctional Halogen Bond Acceptors, Cryst. Growth Des., 2016, 16, 2527-2534.
9. S. Maiti and P. Mal, Phenyliodine Diacetate-Mediated Intramolecular C(sp2)-H Amidation for 1,2-Disubstituted Benzimidazole Synthesis under Metal-Free Conditions, Adv. Synth. Catal., 2015, 357, 1416-1424.
11. B. N. Ghosh, F. Topic, P. K. Sahoo, P. Mal, J. Linnera, E. Kalenius, H. M. Tuononen and K. Rissanen, Synthesis, structure and photophysical properties of a highly luminescent terpyridine-diphenylacetylene hybrid fluorophore and its metal complexes, Dalton Trans., 2015, 44, 254-267.
13. T. K. Achar and P. Mal, Transformation of Contact-Explosives Primary Amines and Iodine(III) into a Successful Chemical Reaction under Solvent-Free Ball Milling Conditions, Adv. Synth. Catal., 2015, 357, 3977-3985.
14. T. K. Achar and P. Mal, Radical-Induced Metal and Solvent-Free Cross-Coupling Using TBAI–TBHP: Oxidative Amidation of Aldehydes and Alcohols with N-Chloramines via C–H Activation, J. Org. Chem., 2015, 80, 666-672.
22. R. A. Bilbeisi, J. K. Clegg, N. Elgrishi, X. d. Hatten, M. Devillard, B. Breiner, P. Mal and J. R. Nitschke, Subcomponent Self-Assembly and Guest-Binding Properties of Face-Capped Fe4L48+ Capsules, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, 5110-5119.
30. M. Schmittel, V. Kalsani, C. Michel, P. Mal, H. Ammon, F. Jaeckel and J. P. Rabe, Towards nanotubular structures with large voids: dynamic heteroleptic oligophenanthroline metallonanoscaffolds and their solution-state properties, Chem. Eur. J., 2007, 13, 6223-6237.
32. N. Singhal, A. L. Koner, P. Mal, P. Venugopalan, W. M. Nau and J. N. Moorthy, Diastereomer-Differentiating Photochemistry of β-Arylbutyrophenones: Yang Cyclization versus Type II Elimination, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2005, 127, 14375-14382.
34. J. N. Moorthy, R. Natarajan, P. Mal and P. Venugopalan, Polymorphism of an o-anisaldehyde: a novel example of channel-type organization sustained by weak C-H···O and C-H···N hydrogen bonds, New J. Chem., 2004, 28, 1416-1419.
35. J. N. Moorthy, P. Mal, N. Singhal, P. Venkatakrishnan, R. Malik and P. Venugopalan, Highly Diastereoselective Tandem Photoenolization-Hetero-Diels-Alder Cycloaddition Reactions of o-Tolualdehydes in the Solid State, J. Org. Chem., 2004, 69, 8459-8466.
37. J. N. Moorthy, P. Venkatakrishnan, P. Mal, S. Dixit and P. Venugopalan, Crystal Engineering: Identification of a Unique Supramolecular Synthon Based on C:O···X Interaction in Halogen-Substituted Aromatic Carboxaldehydes, Cryst. Growth Des., 2003, 3, 581-585.
39. P. Mal, U. Lourderaj, Parveen, P. Venugopalan, J. N. Moorthy and N. Sathyamurthy, Conformational Control and Photoenolization of Pyridine-3-carboxaldehydes in the Solid State: Stabilization of Photoenols via Hydrogen Bonding and Electronic Control, J. Org. Chem., 2003, 68, 3446-3453.
40. J. N. Moorthy, R. Natarajan, P. Mal and P. Venugopalan, Helical Self-Assembly of Substituted Benzoic Acids: Influence of Weaker X···X and C-H···X Interactions, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2002, 124, 6530-6531.
41. J. N. Moorthy, P. Mal, R. Natarajan and P. Venugopalan, Solid-State Photochromism and Photoreactivity of o- and p-Anisaldehydes. Remarkable Stabilization of o-Xylylenols, Org. Lett., 2001, 3, 1579-1582.
42. J. N. Moorthy, P. Mal, R. Natarajan and P. Venugopalan, Efficient Photocyclization of o-Alkylbenzaldehydes in the Solid State: Direct Observation of E-Xylylenols en Route to Benzocyclobutenols, J. Org. Chem., 2001, 66, 7013-7019.
2015: (August): C301 Physical Organic Chemistry
2015: (January): C344 Organic Chemistry II
2014: (January): C244 Biomolecular Chemistry Lab
2014: (January): C102 Chemistry II
2013: (August): C401 Physical Methods in Chemistry II
2013: (January): C204 Reagents in Organic Synthesis
2012: (August): C553 Physical Organic Chemistry
2012: (January): C204 Organic Chemistry II
2011: (August): C559 Supramolecular Chemistry
2011: (January): CE801 Physical Organic Chemistry
2010: (August): CE702 Supramolecular Chemistry
2010: (January): CE04 Organic Photochemistry
© 2016-17 National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar, All Rights Reserved.