July 2013 -continuing
Reader-F, School of Physical Sciences, NISER, Bhubaneswar, India, Research topic: Condensed matter theory and quantum information.
June 2011 - June 2013
Assistant Professor, School of Physical Sciences, NISER, Bhubaneswar, India, Research topic: Condensed matter theory and quantum information.
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Dept. of Phys. & Ast., Univ. of Georgia, Athens, USA, Research topic: Quantum simulations.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Quantum Information Group, School of Phys. & Ast., Univ. of Leeds, UK, Research topic: Topological Quantum Computation.
CNRS Postdoctoral Fellow, Centre de Physique Theorique, CNRS, Marseille, France, Research topic: Molecular electronics.
Research Fellow, Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Salerno, Italy, Research topic: Electron transport in mesostructures.
2000-2004 Ph.D. (Physics)[Submitted: September, 2004] Awarded: August 2005, Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar, India, Thesis Title: Electron Transport and Quantum interference
at the mesoscopic scale.
1999-2000 Diploma in Advanced Physics (equivalent to M. Phil.), 2000, Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar, India.
1997-1999 M. Sc. Physics (specialization in Solid state Physics), 1999, Dept. of Physics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India, I was ranked second in the university.
1994-1997 B. Sc. Physics (Honours), 1997, B. J. B College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, I secured the first position in the university and was awarded the Gold medal.
THEORETICAL CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS
QUANTUM INFORMATION THEORY
May 2016 DAAD Research Stay Award, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
June 2014 Finalist, NASI-SCOPUS Young scientist award, Physical Sciences
Hiring a Research Associate-III under the project “Non local correlations in nanoscale systems: Role of decoherence, interactions, disorder and pairing symmetry”
Institution: National Institute of Science Education and Research
Description: Applications from Indian nationals are invited for one temporary position of Research Associate-III under the project “Non local correlations in nanoscale systems: Role of decoherence, interactions, disorder and pairing symmetry” in the School of Physical Sciences, NISER funded by SERB, Govt. of India.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE -III:
QUALIFICATION: Candidate should have PhD or equivalent degree in Physics (preferably in theory). Those who have submitted their PhD thesis related to the above field are also eligible to apply.
FELLOWSHIP: - Rs.40,000/- + HRA per month (as per revised SERB norms) AGE: 35 years as on last date of application, age relaxation to entitled categories as per SERB rules.
Last Date of Receipt of Application: - __27.03.2017___________
Candidates may send soft copy of the application along with complete Bio-data by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Further details at the following website: http://www.niser.ac.in/notices/2017/recruitments/Advt_RA-III_PH1601_SERB.pdf
39. Strained graphene based highly efficient quantum heat engine operating at maximum power, Arjun Mani, Colin Benjamin, arxiv:1703.09694
38. How to implement a genuine Parrondo's paradox with quantum walks? Jishnu Rajendran, Colin Benjamin, arxiv:1702.05927
37. Debunking van Enk-Pike's criterion for quantum games, Nilesh Vyas, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1701.08573
36. Andreev reflection spectroscopy as a probe for quantum transport through high spin molecules, Subhajit Pal, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1612.02796
35. Probing helicity and the topological origins of helicity via non-local Hanbury-Brown and Twiss correlations, Arjun Mani, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1609.03978 .
34. Fragility of non-local edge mode transport in the quantum spin Hall state, Arjun Mani and Colin Benjamin, Phys.Rev. Applied 6, 014003 (2016).
33. Topologically induced fractional Hall steps in the integer quantum Hall regime of MoS2, SK Firoz Islam, Colin Benjamin, Nanotechnology 27, 385203 (2016).
32. A scheme to realize the quantum spin-valley Hall effect in monolayer graphene, SK Firoz Islam, Colin Benjamin, Carbon 110, 304 (2016).
31. Are quantum spin Hall edge modes more resilient to disorder, sample geometry and inelastic scattering than quantum Hall edge modes? Arjun Mani, Colin Benjamin, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 28 145303 (2016).
30. Adiabatically twisting a magnetic molecule to generate pure spin currents in graphene, Firoz Islam, Colin Benjamin, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 28 035305 (2015).
29. Do quantum strategies always win? Namit Anand, Colin Benjamin, Quantum Information Processing 14 (11), 4027-4038 (2015).
28. Strain designed Josephson π junction qubits with topological insulators, Colin Benjamin, Euro Physics Letters (EPL) 110, 50003 (2015).
27. Persistent currents in absence of magnetic field in graphene nanorings: The ambiguous role of inter valley scattering, Colin Benjamin, A M Jayannavar, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 053112 (2014).
26. How to detect a genuine quantum pump effect in graphene? Colin Benjamin, Applied Physics Letters 103, 043120 (2013).
25. Can dephasing generate non-local spin correlations? Colin Benjamin, Euro Physics Letters (EPL) 96, 67001 (2011).
24. Detecting Majorana bound states, Colin Benjamin and Jiannis K. Pachos, Phys.Rev.B 81, 085101 (2010).
23. π-junction qubit in monolayer graphene, Colin Benjamin and Jiannis K. Pachos, Phys.Rev.B 79, 155431 (2009).
22. Entangled states in graphene-detection and use, Colin Benjamin, Graham Creeth and Jiannis K Pachos, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 129, 012005 (2008).
21. Detecting entangled states in graphene via crossed Andreev reflection, Colin Benjamin and Jiannis K. Pachos, Phys.Rev.B 78, 235403 (2008).
20. Positive noise cross-correlations in superconducting hybrids: Role of interface transparencies, R. Mélin, C. Benjamin, T. Martin, Phys. Rev. B 77, 094512 (2008).
19. Controllable π junction in a Josephson quantum-dot device with molecular spin, C. Benjamin, T. Jonckheere, A. Zazunov, T. Martin, Eur. Phys. J. B 57: 279 (2007).
18. Detecting a true quantum pump effect, C. Benjamin, Eur. Phys. J. B 52: 403 (2006).
17. Crossed Andreev reflection as a probe for the pairing symmetry of Ferromagnetic-Superconductors, Colin Benjamin, Phys.Rev.B (Rapid Communication) 74, 180503(R)(2006).
16. Nonlocal pure spin current injection via quantum pumping and crossed Andreev reflection, Colin Benjamin and Roberta Citro, Phys. Rev. B 72, 085340 (2005).
15. Resolving the order parameter of High-Tc Superconductors through quantum pumping spectroscopy, Colin Benjamin, Phys.Rev.B 71, 174512 (2005).
14. Quantum spin pumping with adiabatically modulated magnetic barriers, Ronald Benjamin and Colin Benjamin, Phys.Rev.B 69, 085318 (2004).
13. Equilibrium currents in quantum double ring system: A non-trivial role of system-reservoir coupling, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, Int. J. Mod. Phys. B 18, 3343 (2004).
12. Trends in mesoscopic transport, Colin Benjamin and A. M. Jayannavar, National Academy Science Letters 27(5-6):177-186 (2004).
11. Features in evanescent Aharonov-Bohm interferometry, Colin Benjamin and A. M. Jayannavar, Phys. Rev. B 68, 085325 (2003).
10. Fano resonances in presence of dephasing and evanescent modes, Colin Benjamin and A M Jayannavar, Indian J. Physics 77A(6):565 (2003).
9. A comparative study of some models of incoherence at the mesoscopic scale, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, Int. J. Mod. Phys. B 17, 4733 (2003).
8. Survival of Φ0/2 periodicity in presence of incoherence in asymmetric Aharonov-Bohm rings, Colin Benjamin, Swarnali Bandopadhyay, A. M. Jayannavar, Solid State Commmun. 124, 331 (2002).
7. Wave attenuation model for dephasing and measurement of conditional times, A M Jayannavar, Colin Benjamin, Pramana - J Phys 59: 385, (2002).
6. Wave attenuation to clock sojourn times, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, Solid State Commun. 121, 591, (2002).
5. Study of quantum current enhancement, eigenenergy spectra and magnetic moments in a multiply connected system at equilibrium, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, International Journal of Modern Physics B, 16, 1787 (2002).
4. Dephasing via stochastic absorption: A case study in Aharonov-Bohm oscillations, Colin Benjamin and A. M. Jayannavar, Phys. Rev. B 65, 153309 (2002).
3. Quantum current enhancement effect in hybrid rings at equilibrium, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, Indian J. Physics. A, 77A(2), 119-123 (2003).
2. Current magnification effect in mesoscopic systems at equilibrium, Colin Benjamin and A. M. Jayannavar, Phys. Rev. B 64, 233406 (2001).
1. Role of quantum entanglement due to a magnetic impurity on current magnification effect in mesoscopic open rings, Colin Benjamin, Sandeep K. Joshi, Debendranath Sahoo, A. M. Jayannavar, Mod. Phys. Lett. B 15, 19 (2001).
© 2016-17 National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar, All Rights Reserved.