THEORETICAL CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS
QUANTUM INFORMATION THEORY
44. Playing a true Parrondo's game with a three state coin on a quantum walk, Jishnu Rajendran, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1710.04033
43. Designing a quantum spin heat engine and refrigerator in strained graphene with giant theromoelectric figure of merit, Arjun Mani, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1707.07159
42. How to be sure of the topological character of quantum anomalous Hall edge modes? Arjun Mani, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1706.07634
41. Tuning the 0−π Josephson junction with a high spin molecule: Role of tunnel contacts, exchange coupling, electron-electron interactions and high spin states,
Subhajit Pal, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1705.10989
40. Strained graphene based highly efficient quantum heat engine operating at maximum power, Arjun Mani, Colin Benjamin, Phys. Rev. E 96, 032118 (2017).
39. How to implement a genuine Parrondo's paradox with quantum walks? Jishnu Rajendran, Colin Benjamin, arxiv:1702.05927
38. Negating van Enk-Pike's assertion on quantum games OR Is the essence of a quantum game captured completely in the original classical game?, Nilesh Vyas, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1701.08573
37. Andreev reflection spectroscopy as a probe for quantum transport through high spin molecules, Subhajit Pal, Colin Benjamin, arXiv:1612.02796
36. Probing helicity and the topological origins of helicity via non-local Hanbury-Brown and Twiss correlations, Arjun Mani, Colin Benjamin, Scientific Reports 7: 6954 (2017).
35. Fragility of non-local edge mode transport in the quantum spin Hall state, Arjun Mani and Colin Benjamin, Phys. Rev. Applied 6, 014003 (2016).
34. Topologically induced fractional Hall steps in the integer quantum Hall regime of MoS2, SK Firoz Islam, Colin Benjamin, Nanotechnology 27, 385203 (2016).
33. A scheme to realize the quantum spin-valley Hall effect in monolayer graphene, SK Firoz Islam, Colin Benjamin, Carbon 110, 304 (2016).
32. Are quantum spin Hall edge modes more resilient to disorder, sample geometry and inelastic scattering than quantum Hall edge modes? Arjun Mani, Colin Benjamin, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 28 145303 (2016).
31. Adiabatically twisting a magnetic molecule to generate pure spin currents in graphene, Firoz Islam, Colin Benjamin, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 28 035305 (2015).
30. Do quantum strategies always win? Namit Anand, Colin Benjamin, Quantum Information Processing 14 (11), 4027-4038 (2015).
29. Strain designed Josephson π junction qubits with topological insulators, Colin Benjamin, Euro Physics Letters (EPL) 110, 50003 (2015).
28. Persistent currents in absence of magnetic field in graphene nanorings: The ambiguous role of inter valley scattering, Colin Benjamin, A M Jayannavar, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 053112 (2014).
27. How to detect a genuine quantum pump effect in graphene? Colin Benjamin, Applied Physics Letters 103, 043120 (2013).
26. Can dephasing generate non-local spin correlations? Colin Benjamin, Euro Physics Letters (EPL) 96, 67001 (2011).
25. Quantum simulation of molecular collisions using superconducting qubits, E J Pritchett, C. Benjamin, A. Galiautdinov, M. Geller, A. Sornborger, P C Stancil and J. M. Martinis, arxiv:1008.0701
24. Detecting Majorana bound states, Colin Benjamin and Jiannis K. Pachos, Phys.Rev.B 81, 085101 (2010).
23. π-junction qubit in monolayer graphene, Colin Benjamin and Jiannis K. Pachos, Phys.Rev.B 79, 155431 (2009).
22. Entangled states in graphene-detection and use, Colin Benjamin, Graham Creeth and Jiannis K Pachos, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 129, 012005 (2008).
21. Detecting entangled states in graphene via crossed Andreev reflection, Colin Benjamin and Jiannis K. Pachos, Phys.Rev.B 78, 235403 (2008).
20. Positive noise cross-correlations in superconducting hybrids: Role of interface transparencies, R. Mélin, C. Benjamin, T. Martin, Phys. Rev. B 77, 094512 (2008).
19. Controllable π junction in a Josephson quantum-dot device with molecular spin, C. Benjamin, T. Jonckheere, A. Zazunov, T. Martin, Eur. Phys. J. B 57: 279 (2007).
18. Detecting a true quantum pump effect, C. Benjamin, Eur. Phys. J. B 52: 403 (2006).
17. Crossed Andreev reflection as a probe for the pairing symmetry of Ferromagnetic-Superconductors, Colin Benjamin, Phys.Rev.B (Rapid Communication) 74, 180503(R)(2006).
16. Nonlocal pure spin current injection via quantum pumping and crossed Andreev reflection, Colin Benjamin and Roberta Citro, Phys. Rev. B 72, 085340 (2005).
15. Resolving the order parameter of High-Tc Superconductors through quantum pumping spectroscopy, Colin Benjamin, Phys.Rev.B 71, 174512 (2005).
14. Quantum spin pumping with adiabatically modulated magnetic barriers, Ronald Benjamin and Colin Benjamin, Phys.Rev.B 69, 085318 (2004).
13. Equilibrium currents in quantum double ring system: A non-trivial role of system-reservoir coupling, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, Int. J. Mod. Phys. B 18, 3343 (2004).
12. Trends in mesoscopic transport, Colin Benjamin and A. M. Jayannavar, National Academy Science Letters 27(5-6):177-186 (2004).
11. Features in evanescent Aharonov-Bohm interferometry, Colin Benjamin and A. M. Jayannavar, Phys. Rev. B 68, 085325 (2003).
10. Fano resonances in presence of dephasing and evanescent modes, Colin Benjamin and A M Jayannavar, Indian J. Physics 77A(6):565 (2003).
9. A comparative study of some models of incoherence at the mesoscopic scale, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, Int. J. Mod. Phys. B 17, 4733 (2003).
8. Survival of Φ0/2 periodicity in presence of incoherence in asymmetric Aharonov-Bohm rings, Colin Benjamin, Swarnali Bandopadhyay, A. M. Jayannavar, Solid State Commmun. 124, 331 (2002).
7. Wave attenuation model for dephasing and measurement of conditional times, A M Jayannavar, Colin Benjamin, Pramana - J Phys 59: 385, (2002).
6. Wave attenuation to clock sojourn times, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, Solid State Commun. 121, 591, (2002).
5. Study of quantum current enhancement, eigenenergy spectra and magnetic moments in a multiply connected system at equilibrium, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, International
Journal of Modern Physics B, 16, 1787 (2002).
4. Dephasing via stochastic absorption: A case study in Aharonov-Bohm oscillations, Colin Benjamin and A. M. Jayannavar, Phys. Rev. B 65, 153309 (2002).
3. Quantum current enhancement effect in hybrid rings at equilibrium, Colin Benjamin, A. M. Jayannavar, Indian J. Physics. A, 77A(2), 119-123 (2003).
2. Current magnification effect in mesoscopic systems at equilibrium, Colin Benjamin and A. M. Jayannavar, Phys. Rev. B 64, 233406 (2001).
1. Role of quantum entanglement due to a magnetic impurity on current magnification effect in mesoscopic open rings, Colin Benjamin, Sandeep K. Joshi, Debendranath Sahoo, A. M. Jayannavar, Mod. Phys. Lett. B 15, 19 (2001).
Hiring a Research Associate-III under the project “Non local correlations in nanoscale systems: Role of decoherence, interactions, disorder and pairing symmetry”
Institution: National Institute of Science Education and Research
Description: Applications from Indian nationals are invited for one temporary position of Research Associate-III under the project “Non local correlations in nanoscale systems: Role of decoherence, interactions, disorder and pairing symmetry” in the School of Physical Sciences, NISER funded by SERB, Govt. of India.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE -III:
QUALIFICATION: Candidate should have PhD or equivalent degree in Physics (preferably in theory). Those who have submitted their PhD thesis related to the above field are also eligible to apply.
FELLOWSHIP: - Rs.40,000/- + HRA per month (as per revised SERB norms) AGE: 35 years as on last date of application, age relaxation to entitled categories as per SERB rules.
Last Date of Receipt of Application: - __27.03.2017___________
Candidates may send soft copy of the application along with complete Bio-data by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Further details at the following website: http://www.niser.ac.in/notices/2017/recruitments/Advt_RA-III_PH1601_SERB.pdf
1. P202 Mathematical Methods, July 2011-December 2011.
2. P471 Quantum Information & Quantum computation, December 2011- May 2012.
3. P466 Quantum and Nanoelectronics, July 2012-December 2012.
4. P603 Electromagnetism, December 2012-May 2013.
5. P603 Electromagnetism, July 2013-December 2013.
6. P471 Quantum Information & Quantum Computation, December 2013- May 2014.
7. P603 Electromagnetism, July 2014-December 2014.
8. P466 Quantum and Nanoelectronics, December 2014-May 2015.
9. P471 Quantum Information & Quantum Computation, July 2015-December 2015.
10. P615 Quantum Mechanics, December 2015-May 2016.
11. P141 Physics Laboratory 1, July 2016-December 2016.
12. P461 Physics of Mesoscopic systems, December 2016-May 2017.
13. P471 Quantum Information & Quantum Computation, July 2017-December 2017.
© 2016-17 National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar, All Rights Reserved.