PhD Students of School of Physical Science, NISER
Integrated MSc Students of School of Physical Science, NISER
Faculty members of School of Physics Sciences, NISER
Welcome to School of Physical Sciences, NISER.
School of Physical Sciences building,NISER
The School of Physical Sciences is in pursuit of excellence in research and in teaching. It is engaged in very active research in the frontier areas. Physics of the macro world and micro world are being vigorously explored. The School offers the integrated M.Sc., integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D and Ph.D programme in Physics to highly motivated students. Till date 51 students have graduated with integrated M.Sc. Physics degree and 4 students have graduated with Ph.D degree from the school.
News Related to School of Physical Sciences
- 8th February 2017 - Prof. David J. Hagan of University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA will be visiting NISER as a part of the Optical Society (OSA) Traveling Lecturer Program for the NISER Bhubaneswar OSA Student Chapter.
- 22nd January 2017 - National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE) was held in SPS, NISER. 42 students appeared in the examination from this center. Coordinated by Dr. Ranbir Singh.
- 05th-14th January 2017- School and Workshop on Modular Forms and Black holes (Click for Details)
- 13th January 2017 - Prof. D. D. Sarma of IISc, Bangalore gave a Colloquium on "Brighter side of semiconductor nanocrystals: How to make defects useful"
- 4th January 2017 - Prof. Bedangadas Mohanty of SPS, got Elected as Fellow of Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore
- 4th January 2017 - Dr. Priscilla B Chusman, University of Minnesota delivered the Physics Colloquium - Youtube-link
- 3rd - 5th January 2017 - Prof. Roger Rusack and Prof. Priscilla B Chushman both from the University of Minnesota are visiting SPS, NISER for research discussions
- 29th December 2016 - Dr. Ajaya Kumar Nayak, Junior Group Leader at the "International Centre for Nano Systems" Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics and Martin Luther University Halle, Germany, joined SPS as a faculty.
- 28th December 2016 - Ph.D. student Ms. Srijani Mallik got the best poster award at the Solid State Physics Symposium (SSPS) 2016 organized by SSPD, DAE at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
- 9th December 2016 - Ms. Debadeepti Mishra work "Freeze-out conditions in proton-proton collisions from SPS to LHC energies" was selected as the best poster in the 61st DAE BRNS Symposium of Nuclear Physics at SINP, Kolkata
Corporate Site - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal